Reports to: Assistant Manager
Summary of Position:
Provide timely, accurate and friendly service while preparing the highest quality beverages for our guests. Each bartender’s primary objective is to show our guests such a marvelous time, they will want to return.
Activities and Responsibilities
- Promote, work, and act in a manner consistent with the mission of Clancys Inc.
- Prepare and serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks consistent with the restaurant’s standard drink recipes.
- Accept guest payment, process credit card charges, and make change if necessary.
- Check identification of guests to verify age requirements for purchase of alcohol.
- Clean and sterilize glasses, utensils, and bar equipment.
- Balance cash receipts.
- Record drink orders accurately and immediately after having received them into the register system.
- Attempt to limit problems and liability related to guests’ excessive drinking by taking steps such as persuading guests to stop drinking, or ordering taxis or other transportation for intoxicated guests.
- Stock bar with beer, wine, liquor, and related supplies such as ice, glassware, napkins, or straws.
- Present drink menus, make recommendations, and answer questions regarding beverages.
- Take beverage orders from serving staff or directly from guests seated at the bar.
- Clean bars, work areas, and tables.
- Reset tables in bar area.
- Mix ingredients, such as liquor, soda, water, sugar, and bitters, to prepare cocktails and other drinks.
- Serve snacks or food items to guests seated at the bar.
- Slice and pit fruit, and prepare other garnishes for drinks.
- Ask guests who become loud and obnoxious to leave, or physically remove them.
- Arrange and maintain bottles and glasses in an attractive and functional manner to support efficient drink preparation, promotion of beverages, and attractive displays.
- Maintain cleanliness in all areas of the bar including counters, sinks, utensils, shelves and storage areas.
- Recognize and learn the names of regular guests
- Assist the restocking and replenishment of bar inventory and supplies.
- Report all equipment problems and bar maintenance issues to the restaurant manager.
- Attend all scheduled employee meetings and offers suggestions for improvement.
- Coordinate with and assist fellow employees to meet guests’ needs and support the operation of the restaurant.
- Fill-in for fellow employees where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
- Plan, organize, and control the operations of a cocktail lounge or bar.
- Order or requisition liquors and supplies.
- Supervise the work of bar staff and other bartenders.
- Plan bar menus.
- Prepare appetizers such as pickles, cheese, and cold meats.
- Create drink recipes.
- Provide guests with information about local areas, including giving directions.
- Bar code reader equipment
- Credit card processing machines
- Cash registers
- Carbonated beverage dispenser (draught foam control devices, electronic beer line maintenance equipment, refrigerated liquid recirculation equipment, soda dispensers)
- Cocktail shakers or accessories (3-piece and 4-piece cocktail shakers, pour spouts, spirit measures)
- Commercial use:
- blenders, graters
- strainers (4-prong strainers, cocktail strainers, Hawthorn strainers, julep strainers)
- Domestic mist or trigger sprayers (martini misters)
- Ice shaver machines or accessories (ice chippers, ice crushers, ice flakers)
- Non-carbonated beverage dispenser
- Notebook computers
- Point-of-sale receipt printers
- Point-of-sale terminals and workstations
- Slush and frozen drink machines
- Touch screen monitors
- Data base user interface and query software (AZZ CardFile)
- Internet browser software
- Point-of-sale software (Compris Advanced Manager's Workstation; Compris; Hospitality Control Solutions Aloha Point-of-Sale; ICVERIFY; Intuit QuickBooks Point of Sale; MICROS Systems HSI Profits Series; NCR Advanced Checkout Solution; NCR NeighborhoodPOS; The General Store; ClubSoft Food & Beverage Point of Sale; DataTeam Lunch Express; Dinerware Intuitive Restaurant; Food Service Solutions POSitive ID System; Restaurant Manager)